Thursday, May 31, 2012

Calm and Clear

What a great way to end the month of May with a morning swim bright and early with 13 other Oak Streakers!  The water was refreshing, warm, clear, and low tide!  You could nearly see the bottom.  (Funny comment about seeing to the bottom...Lisa asked me a few weeks ago what songs I sing in my head when I swim.  I gave her my range of artists I sing while swimming and told her one fall back when the water is clear is definitely Will Smith (Big Willie) "Miami"...replaying the lyric in my head of 'water so clear you can see to the bottom' whenever I can see such depth in the water.)  Today was a Big Willie day at moments.  

Kelp seems to be starting to die off, which is sad, but also nice to know it won't be in the way as much.  There were tons of schools of fish in areas.  The water was so calm most of the group swam the crack of Seal Rock...I just played around the reef watching the wildlife.  Of course this was because I was trailing behind a little and didn't want to shoot the crack without someone close to me.  Safety first...I opted to not chance getting scrapped by a wave pushing me into the rock.

Total trip of my morning swim was probably about 1.25 miles.  Short, but well worth the early morning wake up call.  Swimming back to shore about 75 yards from the shore I saw a baby ray just chillin' in the sand.  Reminds me to never forget about the string ray shuffle and to continue to embed the rhyme in Matthew and Samuel's heads...especially at Shaw's Cove.   

Shaw's Cove about 6:05 am on May 31, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment